Since about lat 2016, my website had problems with uptime: It was mostly down. In the spring of 2017, it was finally up and I did a bit of restoration work. And then … it was down again for a few months. (And, due to the circumstances of this downtime, my restoration work was lost.)
Finally, I transferred my website to an existing home server, and it is now living out of a computer which I believe may be as old as 2003, living under CentOS 7.x series, in my bedroom. Having fixed a faulty telephone line (squirrels!) the line is now “not noisy” and the internet is back properly.
Main work has been:
- modestly improving the directory listings;
- putting photos on a thumbnail viewer;
- correcting and removing some old links;
- updating some out-of-date information;
- adding photos from the 2017 CP Rail Christmas Train in Montreal West, Quebec
- adding some of my personal cooking recipes;
- adding a link to the World Community Grid, for which I currently have two computers working full time.